- Not Educated–Chiropractors complete 4485 hours of study, MDs 4248. Chiropractors get more anatomy, neurology, diagnosis, x-ray, and orthopedics. Medical doctors, on the other hand, get no chiropractic training at all. Hmmm. See the full academic curriculum at my chiropractic alma mater.
- Quacks–A quack is a person who pretends, professionally or publicly, to skill, knowledge, or qualifications he or she does not possess–sounds like those Dr 90210 boys.
- Shamelessly sell themselves–Uh huh. And what’s this? Or this? Or this? Hey, I got nothing against shameless selling–wanna buy a book?
- Not Recognized–Chiropractors are not recognized by any worthwhile institution outside of the Supreme Court, the federal government, state governments, Medicare, the Veteran Administration, and most insurance companies–
- Not Prestigious–Chiropractors practice all over the world, and treat people from all walks of life including professional athletes, attorneys, auto mechanics, bankers, celebrities, doctors, farmers, mothers, psychologists, and on and on and on….
- Just Not Real Doctors–doctor in Latin means teacher. Chiropractors have historically been the quintessential teachers of health and wellness, so chiropractors are literally doctors. If any other health care professional treats but does not teach, then perhaps they might need to reconsider the title.
So there you have it. If you still think that chiropractors aren’t real doctors…well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion; however, let me be the first to tell you that the world is not flat, it does revolve around the sun, women can vote, and that club you’re carrying went out of style millennia ago. Unghhhh!!!