You want to know why I keep plugging these studies? Because everyone seems to be into anti-aging these days. Great–here’s how to do it. My top seven tips to keeping the brain young:
- Drink lots of water (1-2L per day)
- Do 30-60 minutes of cardio (that makes you sweat) every week.
- Learn something new at all times. Once you master it, move on tho the next thing. My favorites:
- Languages (Chinese anyone?)
- Musical instruments
- Brain Puzzles (try this cool site)
- Mathematics (always a great brain developer)
- An art (photography, web design, sculpting, knitting)
- Anything new (economics, poetry, cosmology, quantum physics, philosophy, psychology, etc.)
- Take essential fatty acids (EFAs) daily
- Meditate (sit in silence) every day
- Practice daily gratitude (for your life exactly as it is now)
Do these things and rest assured that you will keep trucking through life sharp as a whip. Don’t just take my word for it, or the bevy of studies coming out each year; instead, prove it to yourself. And check back in with me when you hit your seventies–something tells me you’ll remember my words.